Prayer is a conversation between you and God. It has multiple purposes and positions but all in all it really is communicating with God. An important part of praying for anyone or anything is praising God and bringing down God’s presence and opening up the window of Heaven.
Too many times we focus on all the things that are wrong, not going right, absent from our lives, and all the things that are needed. God wants us to bring our requests and petitions and to feel free to pour our hearts out before Him, but He loves our praises. It is in praise that you can be lifted up and be able to rise above what you are bringing before God so that you can hear God’s voice clearly without the distraction of your own will.
In the Word of God it says to come to God with praise and thanksgiving.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18: Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4:6: Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
- Ephesians 5:20: And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Hebrews 13:15: Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name.
- Colossians 3:15: And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
When praying for your spouse, don’t forget to thank God for your spouse and know that God is working in the situations that may be hard, uncomfortable, and may even seem hopeless.
Praise God for the spouse He has given you and for the wisdom, knowledge, and strength to fulfill God’s plan and purpose for your marriage. It could be just to love them. You could be married to your spouse to be a support for them as they are carrying out their destiny.
Too many times these things are not fixed or no instructions are given, because we do not ask.
Ask God to show you His blessings and His Hand in the works. Then thank Him for it. Thank God for the Words of Prophecy over your spouse.
Ask God to straighten the path before your spouse and to acknowledge that God is the God of your marriage and He is in control. You must put your trust in God so that His hands are completely free and open to work miracles for your spouse, you, and your marriage.
Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
Ask God to show you where there are areas that you or your spouse does not acknowledge God and then take time to focus on those areas and wait for instructions on how to fix it.
Let God write your book of destiny and as you praise Him and communicate with Him in prayer about your marriage and your spouse, the changes you need to see will come. Be patient and know that God is God and as you wait, praise God and watch and see what He will do for you.