A SNEAK PREVIEW OF A COMING EVENT.
- The Feast of Weeks – Shavuot means (weeks). Pentecost (means fifty – cause its 50 days from Passover to Shavuot)….is one of the 3 commanded Feasts for Jews. But what most Christians don’t know, because they haven’t been taught, is it’s not just a Jewish Feast. Here’s a clue why Shavuot is for all who love Jesus, and will live with Him.
- If you hope to be with King Jesus during the millennium- as our King Yeshua rules & reigns from Jerusalem- here’s a snapshot why believers will be celebrating that Feast then. The bible calls the 3 commanded Feasts ‘the Feasts of the Lord’ (or as I like to say…chalkah bread and Feasts, it’s not just for jews anymore’. :)>
- See, the 3 Feasts foreshadow our Redemption by blood (Passover), then we get filled with His Holy Spirit, (Shavuot/Pentecost), and one day we’ll be raised to live with Him forever (Sukkot).
- This Hebrew calendar year is 5783 – or 2023 on our Gregorian calendar. Tonight, in fact, all over the world, jews, messianic believers and many Christians will celebrate Shavuot- starts tonight [erev meaning evening], till sundown on Sat. May 27.
◇For me, the Word of the Lord is like a study guide – or a preview-of-coming-attractions. For us oldsters, long before the internet, when you traveled, you had a paper with pictures and directions on it. They called it a map. It was made of paper. [That explanation is for anyone born after the 1990s]. When traveling, you got a trip-tik from a travel agent, or mapped out your journey. A brochure of what to expect. The Feasts of the Lord are like that – a believers’ spiritual tour-trip guide. The Feasts of the Lord were given as a road map of coming attractions for all generations [Lev.23].
- The Word confirms this. The more we learn about the Feasts of the Lord – they are Biblical Feasts, Holy Convocations we are meant to celebrate. The Lord wanted us to be continually pleased we are saved and blessed. The Lord wants grateful hearts.
- Leviticus 23 briefly covers all of the feasts of the Lord. There are 3 annual feasts that the Lord commanded all of Israel to celebrate in Jerusalem — Passover, Shavuot (Pentecost) and Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles).Each feast, regardless of when or how it is celebrated, is called the same thing: a “holy convocation.”
- So tonight, we start by celebrating
SHAVUOT/Pentecost. Shavuot is the first-fruit Feast to celebrate. It is all about the harvest. Giving thanks for the bounty. It is planned by God that our eating, bringing in crops, enjoying the harvest, is compared to souls. For Jesus – we are His harvest of souls from His field. He did the work. He will present us to His Father on that day.
- Exodus 24:7 teaches that when God revealed Torah at Mt. Sinai, the Jewish people said, “All that the Lord has spoken, we will do and we will listen!” So – let’s celebrate as we are commanded to do.
☆Deuteronomy 7:12-13 shows God promises blessings to those who observe & keep these Feasts.
▪︎Enjoy. Celebrate. Have a good meal. Be grateful you are the Lord’s harvest 🌿 🌴 🍽 🍇🍞
Shalom Everyone🍇 Elizabeth